Course: Main Dish
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 person
§ 500 grams Chicken
§ 1 tbsp Oil
§ 2 tsp turmeric
§ 1 tsp cardamom powder
§ 1 tsp Cumin powder
§ 1/2 tsp coriander powder
§ 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
§ 1 pita
§ 1/2 sliced onion
§ 1/2 Sliced tomato
§ 1 cup greek yoghurt
§ 1 diced cucumber
§ 1/4 cup chopped dill
§ 1 tsp minced garlic
§ 1/2 tsp shawarma seasoning
- Prepare the filling of the shawarma by mixing up the spices in a bowl.
- Separate the chicken from the bones.
- Pound the chicken so that it reduces to half its quantity.
- Mix this chicken with oil and three spoons of the spice mix.
- Let it sit for an hour marinating in the spices.
- Heat the grill and grease it with oil.
- Grill the chicken till cooked.
- In a bowl take the yoghurt, cucumber, dill, garlic and the shawarma seasoning and mix.
- Make sure that this mixture is in the refrigerator while you’re prepping the chicken.
- For serving the shawarma, warm up the pita bread and put two spoons of the yoghurt mix and spread it in the middle along with the hummus.
- Add chicken, some raw vegetables like onion, tomato and lettuce.
- Fold this all in with the help of a foil and serve hot.