Immigration opportunities for Post-Graduation Work Permit holders

This February, the Government of Canada made some changes on the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) application process. International students who wish to remain in Canada now have 180 days to apply once they obtain their notice of graduation, doubling the previous rule of 90 days. In addition, they are no longer required to have a valid study permit when applying for a PGWP. This means that the study permit must only have been valid at a certain point during the six months that a graduate has to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.

Do you already hold a Post-Graduation Work Permit?

If you already hold a Post-Graduation Work Permit and you are looking for an opportunity that leads you to Permanent Residency, this might be your chance! A vast network of employers across Canada is looking for qualified English-speaking workers who have the intention to immigrate to Canada while working temporarily.

Requirements to Participate:

Several restaurant chain franchises are looking for candidates to work on entry-level positions such as Food servers, Cooks, Cashiers, etc. For this opportunity, candidates must:

  • Have a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) valid for at least 2 years;
  • Have a bachelor’s degree from overseas or at least a college diploma from within Canada;
  • Obtain official language test results (IELTS or CELPIP) equivalent to at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5;
  • Have the ability to relocate to the job location within 30 days upon accepting the job offer;
  • Commit to working for 2 years in an entry-level position with the Canadian Employer;
  • Agree to apply for immigration within 1 year from the start date of employment with the employer.




leave a reply